Hello! I’m Anand Vyas
My name is Anand Vyas, Ph.D., NCC, LPC also known as Dr. V. I’m a fully licensed, experienced (15+ years), and down-to-earth professional who is committed to helping you. I have a passion to help heal clients from the inside, so they can truly feel their best. I believe that the most optimal treatment is to treat the whole person. I can equip you with evidence-based tools which will be a lifetime investment.
Since my childhood, coming from a family with roots in the fields of medicine, psychology, education, and community service, I always have had the passion to help others.
My goal is to provide the greatest amount of happiness, success, sound health, and mental peace to the greatest number of people, for a maximum period of time by making them independent rather than dependent on the therapist.
I specialize in showing children, adolescents, adults, and older adults how to reach their full potential and how to experience total health by using evidence-based treatment approaches of psychotherapy/counseling and by using life coaching, mindfulness, medical meditation, hypnotherapy, yoga therapy, and breathwork.
I am a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors. I am a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the American Counseling Association (ACA).
I have more than fifteen years of experience providing individual and group therapies, workshops, and seminars in a variety of settings such as medical and wellness centers, partial hospitalization programs, outpatient programs, residential treatment facilities, non-profit organizations as well as private practice.
I reside in Sugar Land along with my wife and son. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, martial arts, photography, meditation, yoga, bike riding, hiking, and spending time in nature. I have a passion for learning about innovative technologies, diverse cultures, philosophies, and languages. Read more…
Certification and Licensure
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- Certification as an Anger Resolution Therapist
- Certification as a Medical Meditation Consultant
- Certification as a Stress Management Consultant
- Certification as a Yoga Instructor
- Certification in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens (MBSR-T)
Our Clientele Base is Comprised of Children (age 8 & above), Adolescents, Adults & Older Adult: Individual Therapy
We provide therapy, counseling and coaching services for a variety of issues including:
- Anxiety & Fears
- Panic Attacks
- Impulsivity, Attention Deficit (ADHD)
- Academic Underachievement
- School & Behavioral Issues
- Teens & Young Adult Issues
- Internet, iPad and Video Game Addiction
- Addiction & Drug Abuse
- Mood Swings
- Stress & Burnout
- Sleep Issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- Weight Loss
- Healthy Aging, Habits & Lifestyle Change
- Chronic Pain & Chronic Illnesses
- Emotional Disturbance
- Work-life balance
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Coaching
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Mind- Body-Emotional Wellness
At our practice, we believe in offering a holistic range of therapeutic approaches to cater to the diverse needs of our clients. Here’s a brief overview of the therapies we provide:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): Helps you embrace your thoughts and feelings rather than fighting or feeling guilty for them.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): A goal-oriented therapy that treats problems by changing patterns of thinking or behavior.
- Culturally Sensitive Therapy: Recognizes and respects cultural differences during the therapeutic process.
- Coaching: Empowers you to achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT): Combines cognitive-behavioral techniques with mindfulness strategies.
- Eclectic Therapy: Uses a blend of therapeutic techniques tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Humanistic Therapy: Focuses on personal growth and self-fulfillment.
- Hypnotherapy: Uses guided relaxation and focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness.
- Integrative Therapy: Combines elements from different therapeutic modalities.
- Medical Meditation: A meditation technique designed to promote healing.
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): A fusion of cognitive therapy and mindfulness techniques, MBCT helps individuals manage stress, counter negative thought patterns, and reduce the risk of depressive relapses.
- Motivational Interviewing: Helps clients resolve ambivalent feelings to find the internal motivation to change their behavior.
- Multicultural Therapy: Addresses and considers the cultural backgrounds of clients.
- Neuro-Linguistic Therapy: Focuses on understanding and changing cognitive behavior.
- Psychodynamic Therapy: Explores how unconscious processes influence current behavior.
- Person-Centered Therapy: Creates a non-judgmental environment to help clients find their own solutions.
- Positive Psychology: Emphasizes strengths, virtues, and factors that contribute to a fulfilling life.
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT): Helps identify irrational beliefs and negative thought patterns to challenge and replace them.
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT): Concentrates on finding solutions in the present time and exploring one’s hope for the future.
- Yoga Therapy: Uses yoga postures, breathing exercises, and meditation to improve mental and physical health.
- Breathing Therapy: Focuses on breathing patterns and techniques to alleviate stress and improve physical and mental well-being.
Each therapy is tailored to meet your unique needs and challenges. Our goal is to provide you with the tools and strategies to navigate life’s challenges and achieve a state of well-being. Whether you’re dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, or seeking personal growth, we’re here to support and guide you on your journey to a healthier and more fulfilling life.
Culturally appropriate counseling:
Being a US citizen of a different cultural background myself, I know firsthand the importance of understanding a client’s cultural background. I think it is very important to keep a client’s background in mind as it can affect the way one approaches treatment. When assessing and treating clients, I feel that I am most effective when I am able to understand the “entire” client. This involves understanding the client’s familial, socio-economical, educational, emotional, and physiological background. In order to ensure that all of my clients gain happiness, peace, success, and sound health, I take into consideration their language, culture, education, and age when I provide therapy.
What is an LPC?:
A Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) has met rigorous standards applied by the state licensing board and national credentialing agency. An LPC is trained to employ a variety of psychological principles through cognitive, affective, behavioral, or systemic intervention strategies to promote wellness, personal growth, or career development, as well as to address pathology.
Scheduling an appointment has never been so easy
> The best way to set up an appointment is to schedule a free 15-minute call.
To set up a free 15-minute call, please click on the “Let’s Talk” or "Get Started" button below and fill out the form. Dr. V will call you at the time you have specified on the form. The information you provide on this form will remain confidential and secure.
Dr. V will help answer questions about his services and therapy in general. This free 15-minute call does not establish a therapist-client/patient relationship as this is not counseling and/or life coaching.
If we mutually find that our services work well for you, we’ll schedule a time to have an initial appointment. You’ll get a link to fill out intake forms using our secure client portal. You can create a free account on our secure EMR (Electronic Medical Record) system.
> We offer evening and Saturday appointments!
> Interested in starting your journey towards a better self with your very own counselor therapist in Sugar Land, TX?
- About Us
- Workshops Courses:
- Common Questions
- Client Portal
- Let's Talk
- Make a Referral